A Turn-of-the-century Country Inn
426 Main Street
P.O. Box 667
Ouray, CO 81427
Hosts: Dan and Sandy Lingenfelter
The St. Elmo Hotel is a lovingly restored turn-of-the-century inn open year-round and located in the heart of Ouray, a national historic district. Decorated with Victorian flair and full of period antiques, this 9-room bed and breakfast inn delights guests with a wine and cheese social hour every afternoon in the cozy parlor and a full buffet breakfast every morning in the sunny breakfast room.
After spending the day discovering a new hiking trail or the fine shops in the area, a soak in the outdoor hot tub is a great way to relax while surrounded by the beautiful San Juan Mountains.
On the premises of the Hotel is one of the finest restaurants on the western slope, the Bon Ton Restaurant, which serves fine Italian cuisine complemented by an award-winning wine list.
Evening skies over the St. Elmo Hotel
Dinner is served each evening featuring such items as Beef Wellington, Veal Marsala, Tortellini Carbonara and Chicken Bolognese. The chef features fabulous fresh seafood specials each day. They may include Grilled Salmon with dijon-dill cream or sauteed Crab Cakes with an orange basil beurre blanc. Champagne Brunch is served each Sunday.
Step back in time and relive the glory days of Colorado's colorful past...at the St. Elmo Hotel in Ouray. Once bustling with gold and silver seekers, Ouray today is a picturesque hamlet, nestled in the majestic San Juan Mountains of southwestern Colorado.
Elegant Victorian styled guest rooms
The 9 guest rooms are all individually decorated in the Victorian style with period antiques. All rooms have a private bath and an outdoor hot tub and sauna are available for guests. Rooms do not have telephones or televisions, however, there is a television in the parlor.
Ouray is more than an historic town. Its location in the "Switzerland of America" makes it a scenic home base from which to enjoy a spectacular array of activities at any time of the year. Try camping under the stars in a mountain meadow, trout fishing at an alpine lake, hunting magnificent deer and elk, moonlight skating on a crystal clear pond.
You can experience the thundering Box Canyon Falls or just sit on one of the high peaks and watch the clouds roll by.
This "gem of the Rockies" is only a six-hour drive from Denver or 36 miles from the nearest airport located in Montrose.
Relax in St. Elmo's comfortable parlor
- Horseback riding
- Riding Durango/Silverton narrow gauge railroad
- Cross-country skiing
- Ice skating
- Ice climbing
- Downhill skiing *
* Half-price lift tickets for nearby Telluride are available for St. Elmo guests.
The Ouray Hot Springs Pool is open year-round.
|Season / Date
Rooms (see descriptions below)
??Oct. 9 - Oct. 20, 2001
??Oct. 26, 2001 - May 11, 2002
??May 17, 2002 - June 6, 2002 Holidays
??Nov 22, 2001
??Dec 21, 2001 - Jan 2, 2002
??Jan 20, 2002
??Feb 17, 2002
|Winter Weekdays - (Sun thru Thur)
??Oct. 21, 2001 - May 16, 2002
The Cascade Suite
?? Corner room, king-size bed, sitting area, 2nd bedroom with double bed, bath with shower
?? Corner room, half canopy queen-size bed, sitting area, bath with shower over tub
All other deluxe rooms
?? Rooms with queen-size beds, private baths (some with shower only, no tub)
- Quoted rates are for double occupancy and do not include taxes and gratuities.
- Additional persons $15.00 each.
- Not suitable for children under 10 years of age.
- Minimum two night stay required on holidays
- Rates are subject to change
- MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted
October 15, 2001 through May 16, 2002 the St. Elmo Hotel features a special two-night package for two which includes:
- Two nights lodging at the St. Elmo
- A dinner for two at the Bon Ton Restaurant
- Breakfast each morning
- Tickets for Ouray's Natural Hot Springs Pool
- Telluride lift tickets at half price
A weekend get-away (staying a Friday or Saturday night) price is:
- Deluxe ??$239.
- Alpenglow ??$259.
- Cascade Suite ??$269.
A weekday get-away (staying Sunday through Thursday) price is:
- Deluxe ??$189.
- Alpenglow ??$209.
- Cascade Suite ??$219.
?? Dec. 21, 2001 - Jan 2, 2002
?? MLK (Jan. 18 - 20), or
?? President's Day weekends (Feb 15 - 17)
- Sorry, no pets.
- St. Elmo is a smoke-free establishment.
- Some holidays have minimum two-night stays.
- An outdoor hot tub and sauna are available for guests.
- Rooms do not have telephones or televisions, however, there is a television in the parlor.
- Telluride lift tickets may be purchased at half-price during ski season.
- A deposit equal to 50% of the stay is required to confirm a reservation, with the balance due upon arrival. For reservations of one night only, full payment is required when the reservation is made.
- Full payment is required when making reservations within 14 days of arrival.
- Guests are responsible for all nights reserved, regardless of their actual arrival or departure.
- Your deposit will be returned provided we are notified at least 14 days prior to the arrival date. If notice is given less than 14 days prior to arrival, the deposit will be returned only if we can re-book the room.
- Group reservations (5 or more rooms) and the Christmas holidays require notice of cancellation be given at least 30 days prior to arrival. If notice is given within 30 days, the deposit is non-refundable.
For reservations or further information, please call us at (970) 325-4951 or send us an .
- DIOC (Distinctive Inns of Colorado)
You are visitor number ? Thanks!
Current time at St. Elmo Hotel is
Top ?|? Amenities ?|? Area Activities ?|? Rooms & Rates ?|? Get-Away Packages
General Information ?|? Policies ?|? Reservations ?|?
Web Page Design and Hosting by
Colorado Bed and Breakfast - "On the Web"
Copyright ? 1997-2004. All rights reserved.